Saturday, February 21, 2009

Stranded

To climb this mountain i needed a partner

I searched and searched but i just couldn't find her

I tried other ones but they just didnt match

But then i found one and oh boy what a catch!!

She helped me through the long dirty road

Up the slopes that i had slipped and rode

We climbed so high i could barely look down!

And we sat the edge while we both layed down

As cold as it got she always kept me warm, with the kisses on our noses, we felt butterflies swarm!!

So we climbed ever higher and hugged as we went, because it seemed like seperating was was never amidst

But then the day came where i lost all my options

She left me there and never came back

Stranded on this mountain with love holding me back

But before she left she hugged me and said, i'll see you later, and kissed me again

Was that just a lie? or did she get lost along the way?

I hope she comes back everyday that i pray

But here i am, so close to the top but so far down

I'm afraid that never again will my feet touch the ground

Because she so did save me the day that she came

And ruined my life the day she went away

And so i sit, on this cold lonely cliff, wondering if jumping is the only way to quit

Because i don't know if its the cold or the pain

But this love just doesn't seem like it will fade away

But i'll still be here, perched on this mountain, waiting for her to finish what we started

The trip was only two days before she went away

But to base a decision so quickly is wrong either way

She picked another climber to help seal his fate, though she's known him longer, was that the only reason she didn't stay?

Didn't what we had mean so much more? in a small span of time it was, so she just chose to ignore

But like she once told me, there IS love at first sight, and when i told her the truth, she grabbed me tight

She took the rope, and yelled lets go!

Because she knew we shouldn't climb the mountain slow

We needed to act fast, so she could see all the signs, and when we were halfway up

She seemed to be fine, i held her so closely she would close her eyes, and i'd kiss her gently and hear her just sigh

Giggles and dancing and always romancing, wow! i've never been on such a fun mountain!

I can see her now, she's helping another climb his mountain

It was true love she now denies, no one knows how long it will last once they reach the top

But my trip was forever, we could touch heaven once we hit the top!

Because my angel would be there, to always be there for me

And forever and ever, i would be there too, I would always have loved her, and sadly i still do

But what are his true intentions? will he stay with her there?

I had no intentions of leaving i swear!

I wanted to reach the top and i still very do, but only yes only, if i reach it with you

I see her there all happy but scared, because i know she regrets it her leaving me there

But I'll sit here and wait, just wait for the day

That one day my partner will come back and stay!

Because i love her so much, she helped me this far

And i would never have taken advantage of her like He did so far...

But i'll wait, yes wait, but it gets colder still

Because this mountain is much bigger than the one she now climbs


Because at the top was so much more to find..............

No comments:

Post a Comment